If you need to consult a family lawyer following the breakdown of your relationship, then you are almost certainly going through a difficult period in your life. Our combination of in depth-experience and detailed legal knowledge in all family matters will ensure that you receive the very best client care support and service. We aim to provide accessible, practical and supportive advice at all times and we will always have your best interests firmly in mind.
Our team at Vas Solicitors will adapt solutions based on an individual’s circumstances. We understand the related practical issues, such as how to separate, where to live, the arrangements for any children, and money or property matters. We seek to work with you to find the most cost-effective outcomes and an approach most likely to result in an agreement.
We can assist with:
- Divorce – If you are looking to commence divorce proceedings, you must first be sure that you have grounds for divorce evidencing that your marriage has permanently broken down. We will evaluate your situation and present clear, concise options to proceed along with an estimate of likely timescales.
- Separation – There are three options for separation: informal, formal or judicial. We can assist by talking through the best course of action to achieve the outcome necessary.
- Matrimonial Finance matters – A common aspect of divorces and separations is the division of finances. We take into account all of the relevant financial circumstances and help you negotiate your financial settlement.
- Property matters – Whether you need guidance on matrimonial property or ownership of property in relation to cohabitation, we will advise you on the rights available to you. We also protect your interests in property with Declarations of Trust. They do not need to be expensive or complicated but can save all parties much stress and conflict in the future.
- Child agreements and maintenance – Cases involving children require sensitivity and constructive negotiations in order to ensure the stability and well-being of the children involved.