At Vas Solicitors, we work with landlords and tenants of residential or commercial premises to resolve a variety of property related disputes. By seeking our assistance at the early stage, or before a dispute arises such issues can often be resolved without unnecessary expense and disruption to your business.
We understand that every dispute is different and there will be occasions where matters will proceed to court.
We can assist with all forms of property disputes including:
- Landlord matters – Our solicitors are experienced in dispute resolution and are able to provide advice and representation in the County Court for residential possession proceedings. Whether you are looking to obtain vacant possession, or the tenant has failed to pay rent, our solicitors are able to take swift action to avoid incurring unnecessary cost.
- Tenant matters –We can provide assistance and advice in relation to possession proceedings brought by your landlord. We are experienced in representing tenants and protecting your legal rights in a number of situations. For example, where your Landlord has failed to provide you with the correct form of notice and comply with the correct notice period.We can provide advice and representation for housing disrepair claims and representation in relation to disputes about Tenants Deposits.
- Neighbour / boundary disputes– Boundary disputes can cause immense stress to residential homeowners and we aim to resolve such issues with as minimal disruption as possible, and without further escalation by taking effective action.
- Party wall issues – The Party Wall Act 1996 provides a framework for preventing and resolving disputes in relation to party walls, boundary walls and excavations near neighbouring buildings.A building owner proposing to start work covered by the Act must give adjoining owners notice of their intentions in the way set down in the Act. If you are having difficulty resolving a dispute, our experienced property dispute solicitors can advise you on how the Act should be applied in your situation.
- Leasehold Disputes – Disputes can often arise over the terms of a lease. These disputes can be highly stressful as they involve your own home and you may not be clear about where you stand. Our team of experienced solicitors can advise on the interpretation of leases and their rights and obligations. You can rely on us to defend your interests.